The INOVA HIGHTECH MEP 804A/B Autostarter Kit is a great add on for your MEP Generator Set. It will allow remote start with the flip off a switch oit can be connected to an Automatic Transfer Switch.
The Autostarter Board KIT for the MEP 804 A/B is the same as for the 002A/003A
Except that the 804 A/B version has a different Software loaded!
The 804 A/B Software affects/changes the following functions / Terminal Nomenclature:
1. Dip Switch Functions, Settings and Timing
2. Different Connections between the Board and the Cubicle
3. Fixed Pre Heat of 30 sec or OFF
4. No ambient temperature dependent timing
5. The Oil P / TEMP Input will now additionally monitor Over Voltage and Low Fuel, besides Oil Pressure and Over Temperature
6. When the Software goes from START to RUN Cycle and the Engine Starts up properly and the Oil Pressure is over 20 PSI
then both LED’s OIL P will illuminate and stay On until the Unit shuts off!
The MEP 804A/B Autostarter has the following features which can be set with the DIP Switch on the Board:
|DIP Switch Settings 804 A/B|
|DIP SWITCH||Function||DIP SWITCH ON POSITION||DIP SWITCH OFF POSITION|
|2||PRIME + AUX Fuel||15 sec||OFF|
|3||PRE HEAT GLOW PLUGS||30 sec||OFF|
|Warm Up and Cool Down Matrix|
|DIP SWITCH 4||DIP SWITCH 5||WARM UP||COOL DOWN|
|OFF||OFF||0 sec||1 Min|
|OFF||ON||15 sec||2 Min|
|ON||OFF||30 sec||3 Min|
|ON||ON||45 sec||5 Min|
The Autostarter will automatically shut down and display a light indicator in the event of a Oil Pressure or Overheat situation, preventing the Generator Set from automatically restarting. The Autostarter can easily be reset, once the issues of leading to Low Oil Pressure or Overheat situation have been fixed.
Important! The Time Delay OFF Relay Kit " K ext. " MEP 8xx is only needed if you are not using a Automatic Transfer Switch or Inverter!
A Automatic Transfer Switch or Inverter will shed the Generator load automatically, allowing our system to go into a no load cool down even with K1 still turned ON!
The Time Delay OFF Relay Kit " K ext. " MEP 8xx disables the self holding contact of K1 during remote / automatic operation, allowing our board to turn off the Ouput power by turning K1 off for Cool Down. Once our system stops and the Generator stops, then the self holding circuit of K1 is enabled again for manual operation.
The installation is not very difficult for the do it your self-er.
The MEP 804A/BAutostarter KIT includes:
1. MEP 804A/B Autostarter Circuit Board
2. MIL-I-46058C Conformal Coating
3. Drill / Mounting Templates
4. Detailed Installation Manual
5. 24 feet 16ga standard multi stranded SXL wire, strong resistance to moisture, solvents and prolonged high heat -
Thick wall special purpose automotive wire is insulated with chemically cross-linked polyethylene. Withstands prolonged temperatures of up to 257°F
6. Mounting Hardware [Stainless Steel Phillips Pan Head Machine Screws #6-32x0.75", Stainless Steel #6-32 Nuts as Spacers, Stainless Steel #6-32 K-Lock Nut's]
7. Crimp On Ring Lugs
8. A 60 Day Money Back Guarantee
9. 1 Year Limited Warranty
Not included in this KIT:
4 Pole Receptacle
4 Pole Connector with 16 ga wire
You can purchase these item separate or you may have them already.
Auto / Remote Starter Kit for Generator MEP 804A/B
- Product Code: MEPKIT804A/B
- Availability: Pre-Order
- Ex Tax: $409.45