The INOVA HIGHTECH MEP 807A Autostarter Kit is a great add on for your MEP Generator Set. It will allow remote start with the flip off a switch or it can be connected to an Automatic Transfer Switch.
The MEP 807AA Autostarter has the following features which can be set with the DIP Switch on the Board:
DIP Switch 1: Regular Fuel / Aux Fuel
DIP Switch 2: Warm Up Time 1 min or 5 min (This is the time delay before the Relay "Power On" is activated. This Relay switches the Control Voltage to the 3 Phase Contactor "On" and connect the LOAD to the Generator)
DIP Switch 3: Switch not used / Cool Down is fixed by Catapilar Controller A1 to 5 minutes, Autostart Board will go into OFF/RESET Mode after 6 minutes to allow for slight timing variations in the system
DIP Switch 4: Not Used
DIP Switch 5: Not Used
Difference between the 807A Board and the 002A/003A Board
The 807A Software/Hardware affects/changes the following functions / Terminal Nomenclature:
1. Dip Switch Functions, Settings and Timing
2. Different Connections between the Board and the Cubicle
3. No external Contactor needed [utilizing internal K1]
4. No Pre Heat or Ether Injection
5. No ambient temperature dependent timing
6. The Aux Fuel Output is now on Terminals TB#9 and TB#10 (High Side Switch)
7. All Other Outputs to the Catapilar Controller A1 and the POWER ON CIRCUIT are now all Low Side Switches
8. The FAULT Input will now additionally monitor Over Voltage, Low Fuel and Short Circuit, besides Oil Pressure and Over
9. When the Software detects a FAULT, then the RED FAULT LED will illuminate and the AUX Fuel Relay will come on and off
as a substitute audible alarm. The Generator shuts down immediately upon a fault detection. The DC Power has to be turned
off the entire cubicle for app. 10 seconds to reset the fault.
10. The Stop Output is activated within app. 5 seconds after DC Power has first been applied to the Autostart Board. Please do
not apply a signal to Terminal TB# 3 Remote Start until after the GREEN OFF LED has illuminated.
All other instructions from the MEP 002A/003A Manual apply for these Gen Sets as well
The installation is not very difficult for the do it your self-er.
The MEP 807A Autostarter KIT includes:
1. MEP 807A Autostarter Circuit Board with DIODE PACK (4 Packs)
2. MIL-I-46058C Conformal Coating
3. Drill / Mounting Templates
4. Detailed Installation Manual
5. 24 feet 16ga standard multi stranded SXL wire, strong resistance to moisture, solvents and prolonged high heat -
Thick wall special purpose automotive wire is insulated with chemically cross-linked polyethylene. Withstands prolonged temperatures of up to 257°F
6. Mounting Hardware [Stainless Steel Phillips Pan Head Machine Screws #6-32x0.75", Stainless Steel #6-32 Nuts as Spacers, Stainless Steel #6-32 K-Lock Nut's]
7. Crimp On Ring Lugs
8. A 60 Day Money Back Guarantee
9. 1 Year Limited Warranty
Not included in this KIT:
4 Pole Receptacle
4 Pole Connector with 16 ga wire
Photos of MEP 807A courtesy of Rene Doeste, Miccosukee Tribe of Indians of Florida - Thank You!
You can purchase these item separate or you may have them already. We have recommended the above items in our manual with manufacturer part number.
Auto / Remote Starter Kit for Generator MEP 807A
- Product Code: AUTOSTART MEP807A
- Availability: Pre-Order
- Ex Tax: $409.45
- 3 or more $379.95